Tortilla Tower- favorite recipe!

A LONG time ago someone had asked me to share my favorite recipe. Then life happened and I totally forgot, but I had actually taken the photos and just didn't write the post... until now! So here it is, one of our favorite recipes and a staple in our house- an easy go to recipe because I usually have all of these things in our pantry.



Tortilla Tower (what we've always called it)- could also be called Enchilada Casserole.

Here's what you need:
Corn Tortillas- probably a dozen or more, we like a lot of tortillas in it.
1 can refried beans
1 lb. ground beef cooked
1 can enchilada sauce (I use the small can but if you like enchiladas really wet, you can get the large can)
Shredded Cheese
1 can sliced black olives

First pour a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan, just enough to give a light coating. Then lay down a layer of corn tortillas; I usually break them down to make sure the corners have tortilla in them.
Next, spread a layer of refried beans over the tortillas- if you warm the beans first them will spread a little easier.
Then add a layer of ground beef.
Finally top that with cheese and olives, then another layer of enchilada sauce.
Then start all over and add another layer of everything!
Cover with foil- Put it in the over for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
When done it should look like this- serve with salad, bread, or rice and ENJOY!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am not even kidding I will be making this for supper this week! It looks so easy. Thanks for sharing.

    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So strange but last night I had a vivid dream (yes a dream) that I made this. A sign? Perhaps this needs to be on my menu this weekend :) Or maybe I just need more exciting things in my life so I'm not dreaming about Tortilla Tower, as good as it looks :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading what you have to say and take the time to read every last comment. I do however reserve the right and will absolutely use it to delete any comment that I see as negative or mean spirited... I can do that, it's my blog and this is a place of happiness and encouragement :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...