I recently decided it was time to kick my butt into gear and start working out to try and lose the rest of this baby weight. I am pre-pregnancy weight + 16, so I have 16-20lbs that would I like to lose to be comfortable, and maybe a little more to feel great!
I bought the 30 Day Shred because I liked the idea of having a goal- 30 days. I can do 30 days. I even said to my husband "it says I can lose 20 lbs in 30 days babe- we'll see!" So I kind of want to put it to the test and see how much I can actually lose in the 30 days.
So Monday night I did my first workout- then Tuesday morning I did the second. Both workouts were the level 1 workout- I haven't worked out in about 9 months, so we are starting off slow here! So this is what I've learned so far :)
1. Canned food can be used as hand-weights on day 2 when the 5lb weights you used the day before feel like they weigh 100lbs!
2. I need a better sports bra.
3. Jumping Jacks are not for women who have had a baby... ever. So even though Jillian told me in her video that she has 400lb people who can do jumping jacks, so I can too- she is wrong... she has never had a baby and I prefer not to wear a diaper while I work out... so I run in place instead.
4. Anytime you are on the ground your daughter thinks it's fun to jump on your stomach- even if you are in the middle of bicycle crunches.
5. Your newborn will inevitably start crying within minutes of starting your workout.
6. Soreness can appear within 20 short minutes after working out.
7. Lifting your arms above your head is overrated!
8. Showering every day will be a necessity... darn it!
So there you have it! Day 2- check! I am going to try and post with progress on Wednesdays and link up with Weight In Wednesday. I will not be posting my actual weight, just PP (pre-pregancy +/-) because I don't want anyone to compare my weight to theirs and feel insecure... this is just me :)
Day 1- Level 1 Shred, walk around the block
Day 2- Level 1 Shred, 2 walks around the block
Goals for the rest of the week- Shred every day- eat healthier- drink MORE water!